Sunday, May 31, 2009

scrape-scratching sound





As I sat this morning in my garden with my first cup of coffee
while the first glances of the sun came in,
I heard a peculiar familiar sound...
a sound you can distinguish out of all the other morning sounds of birds and so on.
when you once heard that sound you will never forget.

the scratch-scrape-scratch-scrape-.... scraping of teeth on a nut.


I slipped inside to check if what I heard was true...
There he was again,
sitting in the sunrays with his breakfast.

2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

That is just the cutest squirrel I've ever seen. Ours don't have such a flurry of ear. What darling photos! Thank you so much for sharing.

Catherine said...

Oh my, what a beautiful animal! I agree with Beth - this has to be the cutest squirrel I've ever seen! Those long ears are magnificent!