Monday, April 19, 2010

flycatchers in the mirror






Only for half an hour I had parked my car outside, because I had to go again.

This was a stressful event for the flycatcher.
coping with 2 more intruders....
one in the glass window,
the other one in the mirror...
this was too much.
He boldly started the attack on the window and after that to the mirror.
He was so caught up in the fight...that I could approach rather close with my cam.

After every wild attack he flew back to the birdhouse
inspected inside, if the intruder had not taken over...
then he came back...to give his enemy another blow.

Fortunately for him I had to go soon after....so the event lasted not for long.

1 comment:

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Those guys are SO territorial! It would be fun to film this with commentary...