Thursday, April 29, 2010

blackbird




This morning I saw a blackbirdlooking for a place to build a nest.
Both female and male checked out some possibilities.
I was hoping it would be on the birdhouse,
because that is right in front of my kitchenwindow...
giving me a perfect view on all what is goig on.

She choose the birdhouse.
I saw her picking straws , weeds and mosses...
putting them on the roof of the house.
Many times when she flew away...in her flight all the straws and things fell down again.
But after some twenty-something-more straws a kind of nest appeared,
including soft lovely feathers.

birds are great construction workers!

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

What beautiful pictures you take! I adore this bird and her building escapades! Perfectly wonderful. How talented you are!