Thursday, April 22, 2010

butterfly out of cocoon



Last year I had collected some caterpillars of a Small White,(koolwitje) see post on caterpillars

They cocooned on a dish-stand in my kitchen...(because I wanted to watch them cocooning).
Later I put them outside nearby some other cocoons,
which I had found on a window-shutter outside.

This morning I thought to have a look at them, which I do so now and then.
To my surprise a butterfly(Small White) sat close to the cocoons..
The butterfly had crawled out of the cocoon through a very tiny small opening...to enter his new world.

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

How beautiful! It looks like the butterfly who came to visit when my Dad was recovering from his accident. We looked at the window--and there it was! Such a bringer of Sunshine and joy! Lovely photo!