Friday, April 27, 2012

call for a female flycatcher.


For 4 days I did not see the flycatcher anymore.
I thought he was snatched by a cat... of course the neighbors cat.
Bibi only catches mice and Fluffy is not outside so much yet.

I missed him, the flycatcher..such a lovely bird, coming all the way from Africa, and now... finally here...after so many many miles...grabbed by a cat.
I could not stand it, though I know this drama happens almost every day someplace somewhere.

Then to my great surprise, I noticed him again!
Still searching for a nest box, flying from one nest box to another.
But he has no mate yet...
He is singing his call for a mate almost all day.

Maybe you can help?
So here is a call for a mate for the flycatcher.
Please be so kind and sent a female flycatcher to my garden for this lovely bird.

1 comment:

Lea said...

If I lived closer to you, I would certainly be on the look-out for a mate for him.
Wonderful photography!
Have a blessed day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie
Mississippi USA