Tuesday, August 03, 2010

caterpillars Queen


Is this an egg of the Swallowtail? or is it a lice or another creepycrawly something else?





After the visitation of the Swallowtail (Koninginnepage),(Papilio machaon), on July 18 last month,
I so now & then, inspect the (Foeniculum vulgare) Venkel
the plant on which she might have put her eggs.
I did see some round white things, but they are so small and tiny,
that I can't distinguish if it is egg or something else.

But today...
YES!
I found 3 caterpillars!
definitely from Swallowtail (Koninginnepage)
4 years ago I had them in my garden...
and here they are again.
I hesitated to repeat the project Save the Queen.
Which, if I do, I would name Save the Queen 2.
As long I don't know what to do, I protected the little 0,5 cm tiny caterpillars with the same little wedding-sweet- sachets I used back then in aug 15 2006
It would be a pity if the birds find the snacks too soon.

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, my goodness! That is so cool!