Monday, October 24, 2022

Ladybirds



Now one week later...(see the post of Okt 16)

I had not seen the ladybirds anymore. Not on the window outside nor on the inside.

Of course I did not look for them all the time so I might have missed it. But this morning I noticed in the corner of the ceiling a black spot, when zooming in on it, there was sitting a cluster of ladybirds! more than 15 ladybirds...Somehow they managed to come into my house! Where was the open spot to enter?

Weird to me is, that some years ago I had a cluster of ladybirds sitting there on the same spot. (nov 06 2016) And an other year as well....same spot.

I have lots of other little corners in the room but no ladybird is sitting there. Why do they choose that same spot???

Is it in their DNA or does their cel-memory telling them this is the best spot to hibernate for winter?

I really have no clue why they always choose that same spot. Its very interesting...Does anyone know?

No comments: