Saturday, June 04, 2011

Inspection


This week I took inspection in some of the birdhouses.
I had seen that in 2 nestboxes, 2 pair of coaltits were building a nest.
Then there is after the building a period of silence.
You hardly see the birds, the female does not come from the nest..the male mostly feeds her, so that the breeding can continue.

I don't know what happened,
When it became time to feed the young, nothing happened.
no bird to be seen, coming to and fro, with worms and insects.

so after some more weeks I decided to have a look in the nest.
Having not seen the parents for some weeks.
Here is what I found.
2 beautiful nests woven with all kind of soft fluffy dog and or cathair.
in the middle those tiny little beautiful eggs.
in both nests were laying 7 white speckled eggs.
I wonder what happened.

No comments: