Tuesday, February 24, 2009

butterfly


This morning, I did my roundabout through my garden.
Spring in the air...birds singing...
looking here, looking there...seeing that crocus come out...snowdrops everywhere.

I brushed away a leaf that had fallen on my shouder.
I didn't go.
brushed again.... now looking....
Oh!
Oh...! what's that...That's not possible...
Yet it was..!
A green butterfly sat on my shoulder.. . a brimstone (citroenvlinder)(Gonepteryx rhamni)
wings folded like a leaf...
I put it off my shoulder...on my table...
for a better look...inspection time.

As I wondered in awe...this is way to early...or not?
too cold outside..I took him inside on my hand.
because of the warmth inside, he started trembling...flapping his wings....
oh my!

immediately I saw him in my minds eye hanging in the curtains,
what will not do him any good.
so, before he flew away, I put him outside again...
and off he was!

No comments: