Sunday, October 11, 2026

Squiirel

A few days ago, to my great surprise, I noticed a new squirrel in my garden. 
As the wall nut tree of the neighbors is dead, squirrels have no reason anymore to show up in my garden...

No nuts, no squirrels. 

To me he looked like a young squirrel. beautiful dark chestnut color and no ear-tufts, as the ones I had last year. I read that they have no ear-tufts during hot summers. and will grow when its cold for warmer protection of the ears. That sounds logical.
He did not find any nuts..though he was seeking on the same places, as the nuts I had set out former times.
So I put out some nuts again, to invite him back.
He did!
Had my camera in the wrong settings, because of that, all blurry photo's, until I noticed my mistake.
So here is one view of him, cashing one of the nuts.

No comments: