Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Empty cocoon




 Yesterday I noticed that the cocoon was empty!

This was not according to my plan!

I had the cocoon taken inside, on some branches and leaves in a jar, to be able to follow the process of transformation easily and keep my eye on it. I was really disappointed to notice the the ladybird had come out, without me.

And to make it worse... where is he? Now, roaming around in my house without food would be a small disaster. I looked for him everywhere on the walls and windows...no ladybird to be seen anywhere.

However, today my sister came along and I showed the small empty cocoon and told the whole story that I wanted to photograph or maybe film the whole process... She suddenly noticed the ladybird sitting under a leaf where he sat in hiding!

I was so relieved to notice he had not flown away, but had waited for us to see.





I took some pics and then set there little jar with branches and leaves outside. No that he can fly away to find his food and have a free life!
So glad it all finished well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a relief! And how encouraging!!