Monday, January 08, 2024

Walking on water







This morning when I awoke, it was a little bit snowing. Not much, but I was glad to see it.

I was hoping for getting snow, just to enjoy the pure white everywhere and the calming mesmerising atmosphere when it is falling.

It had frozen as well a little bit..not much, maybe about - 2 degrees C. So there was a thin layer of ice on the pond covered with a little bit of snow.

To my amazement a couple of doves went walking on the ice! which was way too thin...

I waited with my camera to see it what's going to happen and caught the doves on camera walking on the ice. I was thinking the ice might crack under the weight of the doves! Nothing happened...even the two of them together did not sink...

They enjoyed drinking some melted water and then flew off!


No comments: