Thursday, September 14, 2023

Nut time!







 The nuts are ripe at the neighbour's nut-tree! At least, squirrel thinks so, carrying the nuts still in the bolsters in his beak to safety-storage-places in my garden.

I have saved some 'last-year-nuts' for him as well. Yesterday I threw some into my pond, as I love playing games with squirrels, This is a fishing game. They have to fish the nuts out of the water. That mostly is not a problem at all, because the nuts float to the side and are easily picked out of the water. Today some nuts didn't float to the side...so for squirrel a challenge to pick them... 

He is so cute and smart as well, though today it seemed to be a little difficult...the nuts were too far away and out of reach. He was kind of irritated that the nuts were out of reach. I could tell by the agitation of his swiping tail, rapidly going left and right ...!



Look at his bravery!
Finally he got them all....when the nuts floated closer to the side within reach... 

1 comment:

Mannie Piket said...

Prachtig!! Heerlijk om naar te kijken denk ik. Life entertainment…