Sunday, August 20, 2023

Robins feather

While I am sitting outside, enjoying the lovely weather with my cup of coffee. Meanwhile the birds are having their bath and yummy crushed sunflower seeds. I suddenly noticed a very small feather sitting between the leaves of a plant.

When I looked closer...I saw the feather was a little reddish at the top and side.

Picked it up as a treasure. It's almost certain that this feather belongs to robin. (We have here in the Netherlands the Eurasian robin, which is a different specie than the much bigger American robin. Though they carry the same name, it's a different bird.)

Everyday there is coming a very young robin at the feeding table. He is molting his little feathers into more adult-like feathers. The  orange-red feathers are coming out now and he gets more fiery everyday.!

I keep an eye on him because he is so very cute in his half baby-feathers and half maturing feathers.

It think the feather belongs to him, though it is also possible that the feather belongs to the parent, who is coming as well at the feeding table and bird bath.
 

No comments: