Friday, December 30, 2022

Blue-tit


Yesterday I heard a loud thumb on my glass window.

I looked and as I thought, it was the sound from a bird crashing against the glass, thinking he could fly through. I picked up the bird from the ground and put him in a small box. 

It was a blue-tit in total shock...closed eyes..breathing heavily and very fast... so that meant he was still alive.

I took my down-jacket and spread it over the small box to make it dark for the bird, as well as shielding him from the cold wind. So now and then I peeked into the box to see how the bird was doing...still heavily breathing...I hoped and prayed that the blue-tit would survive the crash.

After some more moments of waiting and looking how he was doing, he finally began to look a bit better. Again I tucked him under the down-jacket and waited some more. I was thinking to maybe take him inside the house, pondering if the warmth would do good...

So looking again after the bird I noticed he was more alive and was able to fly away!... 

Sigh... (triple times)

1 comment:

Mannie said...

Pfft. Wat een opluchting!