Friday, July 15, 2022

Swallowtail back!



Today my sister came visiting and suddenly she said: Look, look! come quickly...!!!

There he/she was....The Swallowtail is back! he/she landed while fluttering around in my garden on the verbena. As quickly as I could I grabbed my camera and was able to get a glimpse of this beautiful butterfly.

In dutch the butterfly is named Koninginnepage so I always name her Queen!

Only when summers are very warm they fly up more north from the southern countries.

Back in 2006 The butterfly was here as well and I was able to photograph the whole process of transformation from egg to butterfly (click link here for the transformation series)

It is so amazing to see the whole process...and I am so delighted to see her back!

(Click images for sharper view)

No comments: