Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Caterpillar Small Cabbage White




About 2 weeks ago, I found a caterpillar crawling up the wall. I hoped he would climb a bit higher, because I knew he was looking for a place to cocoon. A bit higher would be a bit safer.

I forgot to make a photo, wanted to do it the next day, but the next day when I looked again, he had gone into cocoon. 

Today I found another caterpillar also climbing up the wall. As I looked at it better, I saw him busy making a safety belt. That means he is preparing for going into cocoon. So I grabbed my camera, however its darkening already and only got this one sharp. (click images for sharper view)

Tomorrow I think he has gone into cocoon also and will make some more photo's.

I think its the caterpillar of Small Cabbage White (Klein Koolwitje)

No comments: