Sunday, December 20, 2020

Oil-paintings



 Have been working on new oil-paintings during the last year.

These two blackbirds I just finished.

As I love birds as you all know, over the years I made lost of photos of them in all sorts of ways and expressions. I wondered if I could paint them in oil. So I did and discovered so much fun doing this. I forget the time and all the weird stuff flying around in the world. This is great! 

I had in mind one central theme from the Bible along with that:

Look at the birds in the air. They do not sow, or reap or gather into barns_and yet our heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? (Math.6:26)  

This has been great help when all things are going wrong in the world around.

So I spend lots of time to work on my new birds coming out of my brushes. 

2 comments:

gerrit said...

Prachtig!!

Sanda said...

Beautiful, Henny! ♡