Monday, April 15, 2019

Pied Flycatcher Back!!!!








Having been away on a short trip,
I looked this morning out of my kitchen window, while making my morning coffee.
I suddenly noticed He's back!
The flycatcher is back!
All the way from Africa, he has found my place again.

Its so astounding that such a small bird is flying every year such a long distance.
I made a google search. from Holland to SouthAfrica, is 9.400 km.
And then at the end of summer they are flying back and even the young birds are flying so many miles...
Then when sitting with my coffee, I noticed that the female had arrived too!!!
Both inspecting the birdhouse, very near to my house...
So I have a perfect view on the nest making and in a while the whole breeding thing.

Here is a link to the other years when I noticed his coming

No comments: