Monday, May 21, 2012

Unexpected

Unexpected, I was thinking today, to give an eye at the cocoons of the Swallowtail.
I had given up on them, to be honest.
End of May, and still no butterflies. only dead looking cocoons.
I had read and seen that they always come end of April.
Even one had gone out in March...

So I thought these 3 cocoons that were still left were not coming anymore.
Maybe something went wrong...so was my thinking, that happens sometimes.
I had stored two cocoons outside, so whatever happens ... nothing can go wrong,
and if they come out, they can easily fly away.
To my surprise I saw that one cocoon was empty.

and of course being outside...the butterfly had flown away.
The other one is still green and it looks like he is shining through a little, so that might mean he is on the way.


Then I went for a look at the third cocoon in the glasshouse inside.
This one had tied himself on the wood of the glasshouse, so I was not able to get him out.




I had stored this one in my atelier...and surprise, surprise....there was a butterfly sitting inside on the glass window.
Maybe he has been sitting there for some days...so immediately I took him outside to open the window..
It did not take long that he few high away into the blue sky.

Maybe there is a lesson here...for me at least and maybe for you 2
Not to give up...too soon...when things look dead and never seem to come alive.

No comments: