Saturday, October 30, 2010

golden egg

Few days ago, I had written a letter, searched all over the place for my stamps.
Somewhere, someplace I had stored them away in a drawer or a box to overcome the dust.
Now nowhere to be found.
I had turned some boxes upside down, searched some drawers...nothing...no stamps.

So I went to the post office to get some new.
I always ask for "NICE" stamps, (not the common Queenstamp)
So the lady at the desk showed me the choices.
Immediately my eye fell on The Dagobert Duck stamps.
I liked this ones, so I said: "I like 2 sheets"

Oh, she said grabbing something out of nowhere.
"Then you get this golden egg as well", as she put the egg on the counter..
Surprized I looked at the golden egg, which had the size of a doves egg.

Oh..I like that! I said," Its better then breeding the egg first, to get the chick out"
She glanced at me kind offf..what?
A moment later the penny dropped, as she smiled.
Then she said: "There is something in it..some sweets..or?"
while she grabbed a sheet from under the counter to check:
"No there a seal inside".

1 comment:

Beth Niquette said...

No kidding--that's really funny--I've never heard of that done before. I'd hang onto it--it will probably be a collectible someday!

Cool!