Tuesday, May 04, 2010

grey flycatcher couple









To my surprise, I saw the grey flycatcher, (Muscicapa striata),(grauwe vliegenvanger)again in my garden.
This bird is a different specie than the black one (pied flycatcher) I wrote about.

This grey flycatcher also comes all the from Africa.
The grey ones arrive always a little later; beginning of May, that they come.
They catch flies like the best...like fast and swift acrobats in the air.
Also they breed in open nests..or an open birdhouse..as far as I know.
Many times they had a nest on top of a birdhouse under the gutter.
And it looks like they want their nest there again!
They were having inspection.

Though in the box breeds a bluetit..already having young
I hope this will not cause territorial problems

2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

How perfectly darling! I especially love the little fellow diving into the air. You've caught him mid-jump! Fabulous!

Catherine said...

Your posts are wonderful - what a magical time with all of your feathered friends building their nests!